Businesses, charities and local authorities have until midday on 4 March to showcase their efforts in recycling and reuse by entering the 2016 Awards for Excellence in Recycling and Waste Management.
The awards are free to enter, by submitting a 500 word summary. The eleven categories which celebrate innovative and creative recycling achievements are:
- Retail Recycling Champion
- Circular Economy Success
- Waste Management Initiative in the Commercial and Public Sector
- Design of a Waste Management Facility
- Collection Crew of the Year
- The Best Community Recycling Initiative
- Recycling Business of the Year
- Civic Amenity Site of the Year
- The Best Local Authority Recycling Initiative
- Local Authority Recycling Champion
- Zero Waste Platinum Award
The awards ceremony, takes place on 19 May 2016, at the Landmark Hotel in London.