Worldwide cleaning industry association, ISSA has recognised industry advances by presenting its annual Innovation Visitors’ Choice Awards and overall ISSA Innovation of the Year Award on September 14, 2017, at the conclusion of ISSA/INTERCLEAN North America 2017 Trade Show and ISSA Convention, in Las Vegas.
The ISSA Innovation Award Program recognises the cleaning industry’s most innovative products and services as voted on by cleaning-industry distributors, building service contractors, in-house service providers, and residential cleaners.
The program features new products and services from top manufacturers and suppliers throughout the sector. Entries are organised into five categories: Cleaning Agents, Dispensers, Equipment, Services and Technology, and Supplies and Accessories.
Category awards are the result of online voting that took place the two months prior to the event. One winner from each category took home the illuminated trophy:
- Cleaning Agents: Stone Floor Protection System by 3M Commercial Solutions Division
- Dispensers: enMotion Flex Paper Towel System by GP PRO
- Equipment: Doodle Skate by Square Scrub
- Services & Technology: Business Intelligence Software by CleanTelligent Software
- Supplies & Accessories: Self-Cleaning Surfaces for Travel and Hospitality by NanoTouch Materials
On-site voting at the ISSA Innovation Showcase enabled show attendees to view the products in person and cast votes for the Visitors’ Choice awards. Unlike the Category awards, the top five innovations win Visitors’ Choice, regardless of category.
Visitors’ Choice Awards:
- i-mop XXL by i-team Global
- Robotic Vacuum by Makita USA
- Doodle Skate by Square Scrub
- Spill Mop by Rubbermaid Commercial Products
- Clorox Total 360 System by Clorox Professional Products Company
The ISSA Innovation of the Year award winner was selected by combining the online and on-site voting results with scores submitted by a panel of judges. The panel consisted of industry experts, media, and ISSA member representatives.
ISSA Innovation of the Year Award: Clorox Total 360 System by Clorox Professional Products Company
ISSA Executive Director, John Barrett, commented: “On behalf of the ISSA staff, I congratulate this year’s winners.
“We’re happy to offer a backdrop for highlighting new trends in the cleaning industry and the companies that produce these advances. ISSA/INTERCLEAN provides the perfect venue, with so many industry professionals and press gathered in one place.”