ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, has announced the launch of ISSA Next Gen. This program replaces the previous ISSA Young Executive Society (YES) program.
The goal of ISSA Next Gen is to improve ISSA member benefits and increase participation of young professionals in the association and the industry. ISSA Next Gen is open to all ISSA member company employees under the age of 40 and offers additional opportunities for participation for those over the age of 40.
The new ISSA Next Gen program has a clear-cut vision and strategy for all young industry professionals.
- ISSA Young Emerging Leaders for young professionals looking to move up to the next level in their careers
- ISSA Young Executive Development for young professionals who are already in executive roles, looking to round out their leadership skills
- Inclusivity: This new program will be open to all ISSA members and their employees. There will be no separate fee required to be a part of the ISSA Next Gen community effective 2019
- Partnership with ISSA Charities: A big part of ISSA Next Gen’s push will be to support ISSA Charities’ initiatives such as:
- Cleaning for a Reason, providing free home cleaning services to households with a cancer diagnosis
- ISSA Scholars, offering scholarships and internship opportunities to employees and family members of ISSA member companies
- Hygieia Network, empowering women in the cleaning industry through mentorship and leadership training
- ISSA Next Gen Mentors: Creating opportunities for industry professionals over the age of 40 to engage and share their wisdom and experience with young professionals in the ISSA Next Gen program
Popular past programs, such as the YES Professional Development Workshop, in-person educational sessions and webinars, and complimentary networking events, are being continued under the ISSA Next Gen brand.
“ISSA and the ISSA Next Gen committee members are excited to offer this revamped and much-needed program,” says ISSA Marketing Director, Priya Ponnuswamy, staff liaison for ISSA Next Gen. “The new program will not only be more inclusive, but it also will partner closely with ISSA Charities and have a greater impact on our industry and the community.”