ISSA Hygieia Network, an ISSA Charities™ signature program dedicated to the advancement and retention of women in the cleaning industry, announced its 2023 award winners during its ninth annual Awards Reception. Over 1,000 industry professionals attended the event on 15 November at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas during ISSA Show North America.
“As one of the core programs Hygieia Network was founded on, we’re honoured to announce this year’s winners who have gone above and beyond as we continue to support career advancement and leadership opportunities for women in the cleaning industry,” said ISSA Hygieia Network Program Director Dr. Felicia L. Townsend. “We’d like to thank our independent jury members who helped us determine our winners, as well as everyone who nominated an inspiring individual or company.”
The jury included ISSA Charities Board Co-Chairs Ted Stark, and ISSA Hygieia Network Past Chairwoman, Meredith Reuben.
The 2023 awards and winners include:
- ISSA Hygieia Network Member of the Year, which recognises a woman’s involvement in activities that align with Hygieia’s mission and vision, went to Linda Silverman, Executive Chair of the Board of Directors, Maintex, for her dedication to Hygieia and efforts to grow its impact over the past year.
- ISSA Hygieia Network Rising Star of the Year, which honours a woman aged 45 or younger who has made significant achievements and demonstrated consistent upward mobility in her career within the industry, was presented to Elizabeth Hawver, Vice President of Wholesale and Office Distribution, Essity, for her impressive career trajectory and achievements within the cleaning industry.
- ISSA Hygieia Network Company of the Year, which celebrates a company’s involvement in activities that align with Hygieia’s mission and vision, was awarded to Nilfisk, for its contributions to advancing the role of women in the cleaning industry and increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- ISSA Hygieia Network Mentor of the Year, which acknowledges a woman who has shown great leadership qualities and support to their mentee via the ISSA Hygieia Network Mentoring Program, was given to Laura Craven, Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Imperial Dade, for her commitment to furthering women’s careers within the cleaning industry.
- ISSA Hygieia Network International Member of the Year, which praises a person’s involvement in activities outside of the US that align with Hygieia’s mission and vision, was presented to Shannon Hall, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Dustbane Products Limited, for her extended efforts in supporting Hygieia’s mission.
- ISSA Hygieia Network Ally of the Year, which recognises a person who has shown tremendous support toward Hygieia’s mission, was awarded to Andrew Clement, Chief Customer Officer, Kimberly Clark Professional, as well as Jeff Roberts, Chief Operating Officer, Envoy Solutions, for their encouragement and dedication to the impact that Hygieia has offered to women in the cleaning industry.
In addition to revealing this year’s winners, ISSA Hygieia Network acknowledged the 2023 Hygieia Network Scholarship recipient An’Najia Tucker, who is pursuing a Biology/Pre-Med degree at Florida A&M University in Tallahassee, Florida. Hygieia also recognised the contributions of its volunteers and sponsors to a successful year of educational, mentoring, and networking programs.