The Manchester Cleaning Show has been rescheduled for the second time this year and will now take place from 14 to 15 October 2020 at Event City in Greater Manchester.
The event, which is the North of England’s premier cleaning and hygiene event, was originally set to take place in March but was postponed until September due to the ongoing international Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
A statement from Quartz Business Media and the British Cleaning Council read: “We’re so disappointed that we had to postpone the Manchester Cleaning Show precisely at the moment when the UK’s cleaning industry was being pushed to the forefront of a national crisis.
“Following the recent relaxation of lockdown measures in the UK, the Events Industry Alliance is lobbying the UK government heavily to give us a ‘go date’ for when B2B events can re-start. So following much discussion, we now feel that it is in the best interests of all to reschedule the Manchester Cleaning Show until 14 – 15 October 2020.”
The team are working closely with Event City and its suppliers to ensure that the Manchester Cleaning Show is a COVID-SAFE. Measures ready to be taken if needed include:
- Scheduled entry times for exhibitors to set up their stand
- Hand sanitiser stations throughout the exhibition
- Registration floor stickers to maintain social distancing
- One-way route for visitors to work their way around the exhibition
- A supply of face masks (dependent on official guidance at the time)
- No need for business cards – exhibitors will be able to scan visitor badges via a mobile app
- E-badges to be printed at home and self check-in at registration
- The use of an event app to connect exhibitors with an online audience unable to travel to Manchester.
Paul Thrupp, Chairman, British Cleaning Council said: “The Manchester Cleaning Show will be an important place to be this October. Through challenging times, the cleaning industry has been resilient and innovative.
“We have much to discuss, much to share, and much to showcase. And we must say thank you to those suppliers and cleaning operatives who have played a critical role in keeping our communities safe.
“Only through a physical show will this be possible. It’s time for the cleaning industry to come together and demonstrate that through effective cleaning and hygiene practices, the business community can get back to business.”
All existing bookings, content, and visitor registrations remain in place and will be transferred automatically to the new dates.