The 2022 winners of the European Cleaning & Hygiene Awards have been revealed, following the eagerly-anticipated return of the glittering awards event which took place in Brussels on 28 April.
Leading service providers, manufacturers and distributors from Europe’s cleaning and hygiene sector came together to celebrate the very best of the industry. The event took place at Hotel Le Plaza, where the finalists were honoured and the winners unveiled.
After over two years away due to Covid-19, the awards received an unprecedented number of entries, with the judges reviewing over 160 nominations. With 39 finalists across 10 categories, the winners were finally unveiled at the gala dinner event.
The winners were:
- Best Use of Smart Technology by Service Providers – Principle Cleaning Services & Landsec at Dashwood House
- Investment in Training – Breedweer Facilitaire Diensten
- Excellence in Client-Contractor Relationships – Incentive FM with Beaumont Leys Shopping Centre
- Start-Up of the Year – TRU
- Sustainability – Best Practice – joint first prize for Essity and Momentum Support
- Commitment to Diversity – Breedweer Facilitaire Diensten
- Best Initiative Raising the Profile of the Cleaning Sector – ANIP Confindustria for the ‘In Buone Mani’ campaign
- Technological Innovation of the Year – joint first prize for Gaussian Robotics and LionsBot
- Leader of the Year – Dominic Ponniah, Cleanology
- Rising Star – Martina Alexandrino, Principle Cleaning Services
Editor of the European Cleaning Journal and founder of the awards, Michelle Marshall, said: “After over two years away it was absolutely fantastic to bring the industry back together once again to celebrate all the brilliant achievements of the past few years. The event was the most successful to date, and it was a pleasure to unveil our 2022 winners to such a well-respected crowd.
“The standard of entries this year really did blow us away and every finalist should feel incredibly proud of their contributions to the cleaning & hygiene sector. Congratulations to all the winners who took home the highest prize on the night.”
The awards, which are the only pan-European awards to recognise the professional cleaning sector, were launched by the European Cleaning Journal and are organised by the Environment Media Group.