For the first time, OCS UK is joining its colleagues in Australia and New Zealand to celebrate its cleaning staff on Thank Your Cleaner Day. Working in partnership with clients including NHS Trusts, British Airways and Mars Chocolate UK Ltd, OCS UK will deliver awards to seven cleaners who have been nominated by clients for going above and beyond, delivering exceptional service.
Every day tens of thousands of skilled, hardworking cleaning staff are onsite to make sure premises, working and living environments are kept clean, safe, hygienic and ready to go for the next business day. Originating in New Zealand in 2015, and now in its fourth year, Thank Your Cleaner Day is a global initiative for businesses all over the world to recognise the hard work of these often invisible cleaning heroes to let them know they are valued and appreciated.
Bob Taylor, CEO of OCS Group in the UK, Ireland & Middle East said: “Our cleaners work day, night and weekends to keep our clients’ working environments clean, safe and hygienic. Thank Your Cleaner Day is our chance to come together with our clients to show how much we appreciate the work our cleaners do.”
OCS winners of the Thank Your Cleaner Day awards are:
- Slawomir Grzesik, who has been recognised for consistently high standards of work, commitment and loyalty at the Mars site in Slough
- Richard Parsons from the Mars site in Plymouth has also been singled out for his enthusiasm and for carrying out everything he does with a cheerful disposition
- Karl Green has been recognised for always going the extra distance to make sure he exceeds expectations in his demanding role at the Mars site in Birstall
- Frank Mathew has been awarded for delivering excellent customer service and high standards over an 18 year career at British Airways Waterside
- Sharon O’Leary who works at Liverpool Womens Hospital has been recognised for her exceptionally high standards which have led to her being tasked with training new staff on the standrds expected
- Gurmil Khamba has been recognised for consistently demonstrating a can-do attitude in an often challenging environment, her reliability and cheerful nature over 11 years at Queen Mary’s Hospital in Sidcup
Bob Taylor added: “I would like to take this opportunity to join our clients and personally acknowledge the hard work and dedication shown by our cleaning teams. Without their continuous effort, our client working environments would simply not be the same. They are all OCS Stars.”
The winning cleaning staff have been selected by the customers they have built relationships with and whose sites they take care of.